Monday, November 20, 2006

Listening to the Burgh Diaspora


I never tire of reading or hearing about the ubiquity of Steelers Fans around the country:

I've never been to a city that didn't have a Pittsburgh bar. I travel a lot for my job and in the last year I have been to Orlando, Houston, Phoenix, Sedona, The Grand Canyon, Chicago, Nashville, New York City and San Francisco. I have seen Steelers fans, Roethlisberger jerseys and that beautiful three-diamond logo in all of these places.

While The Grand Canyon was one of the most spectacular sites I've ever witnessed, seeing someone holding a Terrible Towel while looking at the canyon at sunrise was truly a sign from God.

Everywhere I go I see black and gold. So distinctive. So eye-catching. It always makes me smile. Like a homing beacon beckoning my inner Steelers soul.

No comments: