Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Manifesto for a New Pittsburgh

I'm sure most of the readers of this blog have already seen Mike Madison's Manifesto post over at Pittsblog. The relevance of the Manifesto to the Burgh Diaspora blog should be self-evident, but the clarion call to the Burgh Diaspora itself is a bold step forward for my efforts here:

We call on the Pittsburgh diaspora to embrace these principles and to partner with the residents of Pittsburgh today in moving the region forward.

To date, I've labored to demonstrate the latent value resting within the Burgh Diaspora, my target audience the residents of the Pittsburgh region. I hoped to connect with like-minded people. I had no idea how easy making those connections would be. I am confident that Pittsburgh is ready and willing to reach out to its Diaspora.

The goal now, as articulated in the Manifesto, is to deepen the relationship between local Pittsburgh and global Pittsburgh. While I hope other parties living in Southwestern Pennsylvania (and Eastern Ohio and Northern West Virginia) continue to join the cause, we await to hear from the expatriates living all over the country and around the world.

No comments: