Texas is drunk on population growth at Pacific Standard magazine.
Theme: Ironic demographics.
Subject Article: "Texas Economy: Miracle or Myth?"
Other Links: 1. "Portland Is Dying."
2. "Tyler Cowen’s 10 Reasons Texas Is Our Future."
3. "‘Big, Hot, Cheap and Right’: Erica Grieder Talks About Texas."
4. "GROWTH WITHOUT GROWTH: AN ALTERNATIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT GOAL FOR METROPOLITAN AREAS."
5. "Do Jobs Follow People or Do People Follow Jobs?"
6. "Minnesota state economist Tom Stinson: The exit interview."
7. "Texas Redistricting: The Effects of Exurbanization."
8. "El Paso County Attorney Tackles Brain Drain By Encouraging Bright Students To Come Back to El Paso."
Postscript: Migration, domestic and international, is more the province of the best educated. Demographic decline impacts much more of the world than Japan and Germany. After decades of diverging, the Innovation Economy is converging. Concerning workforce, size doesn't matter. Productivity does.