The US geography of the Legacy Economy at Pacific Standard magazine.
Theme: Economic geography of globalization.
Subject Article: "Rochester becoming a hot market for foreign investors: Higher valuations attracting investors from around world."
Other Links: 1. "The Geography of Real Estate Markets Is Shifting Under Our Feet."
2. "A Global City of Eds and Meds."
3. "The Bad News for Local Job Markets."
4. "Innovation Economy Is Dying."
5. "MOOCs Are Going to Make College Even More Expensive."
6. "The Long and Troubling History of Penntrification in West Philly."
7. "San Francisco’s Detroit Moment."
8. "Legacy Economy: Pittsburgh Steel Crazy After All These Years."
9. "Cheap energy is the new cheap labour: For companies wondering where to locate, the world has turned upside down."
Postscript: When asked to define "geography" as a discipline, a fellow CU-Boulder graduate student went with, "The why of the where." Why is Rochester, Minnesota becoming a hot market for foreign investors? The Legacy Economy.