Sunday morning musings at Pacific Standard magazine.
Theme: Demographic decline in rural America.
Subject Article: "Making a Move Abroad, and Working There, Too."
Other Links: 1. "Nonmetro Population Declines for First Time."
2. "What Happens When Half The World Stops Making Babies."
3. "New Jersey's captive workforce."
4. "Roundup: Kansas Lures Residents to Rural."
5. "One In Two New Rural Neighbors Is Latino."
6. "The gain before the pain: Mexico’s demographic dividend will be short-lived."
7. "Luring Doctors And Lawyers To Rural America."
8. "Going Abroad to Keep Working, Not Retire."
9. "Cuba’s Talent Export Strategy."
Postscript: Through the years, I've noted a lot of policy innovation in rural areas addressing demographic decline. It's a tough nut to crack.I suggest looking at Pittsburgh and the agglomeration of eds and meds.