At Pacific Standard magazine, greater diversity isn't all it is cracked up to be.
Theme: Investigating claims that greater diversity in Pittsburgh will promote regional economic development.
Subject Article: "Regional Insights: Little room for growth without minorities."
Other Links: 1. "The Death and Life of Chicago."
2. "Why the Smartest People in the Midwest All Move To Chicago."
3. "Foreign Born, Educational Attainment, and Entrepreneurship."
4. "Growth and Great Lakes Cities."
5. "Putting Pittsburgh Demographics in Perspective."
6. "Why College Degrees Matter."
7. "Migration As Economic Stimulus."
8. "Why Density Matters."
9. "The End Of Density."
10. "In Praise of Michigan Brain Drain."
11. "Birthplace Diversity and Economic Prosperity."
Postscript: I'm all for more tolerance and greater diversity. I advocate for an immigration increase. Greater diversity isn't a floor wax and a dessert topping. We should stay focused on issues of economic development and segregation instead of chasing the next policy gimmick.