Friday, February 13, 2009

Youngstown Update

The Next American City story about Youngstown is finally online. Be sure to check out the Rust Belt art show at Rust Belt Brewing. Finally, I think the National Public Radio report about the Youngstown Business Incubator (YBI) is worth your time:

Certainly, the area has a reputation that I don’t think is fair. And, so, once I had the opportunity to come up here, meet people, and learn more about Youngstown, any reservations I had passed.

And that’s the power of the incubator says Youngstown State Management professor William Vendemia. He says its success has a big effect on the region’s image.

I had a similar reaction during my visit to Youngstown. I still have a hard time appreciating how far downtown has come and I recognize how much more work must be done. But the YBI is a success story deserving of celebration.

No comments: