Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pittsburgh Hotels

Any impressive rise in Pittsburgh metrics comes with a caveat. The gains were only possible after dramatic losses. At least, that's how I imagine the critics and cranks reacting to this news tidbit:

Honolulu posted the second-highest hotel rate increases among North American cities in the February Hotwire Hotel Rate Report.

The city's ranking, which came in behind Pittsburgh, was a step down from the top spot that it occupied in the January report.

I wouldn't take the Hotwire report to the bank. However, I would consider all the stories of hotel building going on in Pittsburgh over the last few years. I recall reading that the region is under-served in terms of capacity. I conclude that the supply isn't keeping up with the demand.

Why are so many people looking to spend the night in Pittsburgh?

No comments: